PRIVACY AND SECURITY
As our customer, we can serve you better when we have a complete understanding of your healthcare needs. We can then offer you unparalleled services tailored to meet those requirements in the most economical way. Managing the Personal Information you provide to us as part of that process is fundamental to our successful operations. Our ability to cement a long term relationship with you is as much dependent on both our effective management and stewardship of the Personal Information you provide us, as it is in the quality of services we return to you. Service Provider will always protect your Personal Information in the most professional manner.
Service Provider strives to ensure our relationship with you is a long term one because it is a successful one with mutual benefit. Having comprehensive knowledge of your healthcare needs is critical to the success of our relationship. Our obligation to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information is critical to both of us. Service Provider will always protect your privacy. Whether you are an existing customer or considering a relationship with us, you should always be concerned about how organizations may collect, use and disclose information about you.
COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual. Personal Information would include such things as a person’s home address and telephone number, e-mail address, age, gender, race, height and weight, and other medical information, income and activities. Personal Information does not include certain business information, specifically, a person’s title at work, business address and business telephone number or Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information can be defined as information that has been stripped of your registration information (e.g.name and contact information) and combined with that of other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
Service Provider will always safeguard the privacy of its customers’ Personal Information. You are placing your trust and confidence in us. We have as much a legal and moral obligation to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information, as we have to provide you with the highest quality healthcare services and products at the lowest cost. We are pleased to share the following principles which reflect our commitment to safeguarding both your Personal Information, and your Personal Health Information.
- We will always keep your Personal Information and your activity with us in the strictest confidence.
- We collect, use and disclose Personal Information from you only to provide you with products and services that help you meet your health needs.
- We only obtain Personal Information from you through your fully informed and voluntary consent.
- We do not disclose Personal Information without your express consent unless required to by law. We only share your Personal Information with our affiliates or service providers to enable us administer, services, and fulfill your healthcare and service requirements.
- We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that Personal Information in our possession is accurate and up to date. You are encouraged to correct your information if you believe that the information that we have is not accurate.
- You may access your Personal Information, subject to limited exceptions and conditions.
- Certain services, such as data processing, may be provided by third party contractor All reasonable precautions regarding the practices employed by the service provider are taken to protect your information. Service Provider is highly selective in choosing these companies, and we require them to comply with strict standards regarding the security and confidentiality of our customer’s information. These companies may use and disclose the Personal Information provided to them only for the purpose for which it is provided, or as permitted by law.
- We restrict access to your Personal Information only to those employees who have a business need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you or to maintain your accounts. Our employees and agents are governed by a strict code of conduct and are required to maintain the confidentiality of customer information at all times, including post-employment cessation.
- We always maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your Personal Information. These include physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Provincial and Federal regulations to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized use, improper access, loss, theft, disclosure, copying, or modification.
- We do not sell your Personal Information. Collecting Personal Information and Personal Health Information from you is essential to our ability to offer you the highest quality healthcare services and products. When you request our services, we need to obtain complete and accurate information from you to best determine how we can work together to meet and exceed your expectations at all times. As part of that process, we will collect information from you through the following sources:
- Information we receive directly from you. This will include your name, address, date of birth, details of your healthcare providers, medical conditions, allergies, and your current and past prescription, non-prescription, and over the counter drug usage in addition to, and nutraceutical or herbal preparation usage, including the name of the drug, the strength of the preparation, and the dosage frequency.
- Information we receive directly or indirectly from an authorized third party whom you have provided your express consent to release that information to us.
- Information we could potentially receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as a credit report.
As outlined, Service Provider will use both the Personal Information and the Personal Health Information we collect to help us provide the products and services you have requested and to maintain and service your accounts. Our protection of your Personal Information extends beyond the period of your customer relationship with us. If your customer relationship with us ends, we will not disclose your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties, again other than as required by law.
We may share your Personal Information within Service Provider and its affiliated networks and service providers to help us develop more innovative services and to allow our associated companies to inform you about them. Service Provider and its associated companies and service providers offer a wide variety of healthcare services, including some specialty products for special needs situations.
We may share and/or sell Aggregate Information with third parties.
In certain circumstances, PIPEDA provides that we may disclose your Personal Information without your consent. Such circumstances include:; where required by law or by order of a court or tribunal; where the information is used for the purposes of collecting a debt owed to Service Provider; where the Personal Information is requested by a government institution to enforce any law; where we believe that the Personal Information relates to a breach in an agreement or contravention of the laws of Canada or a Province that has been, is being or is about to be committed; and in the case of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual. In such circumstances we will not disclose more information that is reasonably necessary.
You may decide to disclose your Personal Information to friends, family, doctors or other health care professionals, and/or other individuals outside of our services, including third-party services such as social networks and third-party apps that connect to our website and mobile apps through our application programming interface (API). These third parties may use your Personal Information differently than we do under this Privacy and Security Policy. My Health Report will have no responsibility or liability for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared personal information with others.
In the event that Service Provider goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Service Provider users, and therefore their personal information will in most instances be part of the assets transferred. If as a result of a business transaction, the users’ personal information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, they will be given a choice not to have their information used in this different manner. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
Service Provider does not permit users to abuse the services by sending unsolicited commercial faxes or by placing an unreasonable or disproportionate strain on the system. Service Provider reserves the right to employ any available means to prevent “junk faxes”.
Service Provider servers may track usage of our services through log files. We use this information in order to analyze trends and gather demographic information (including IP addresses, browser type) that is not personally identifiable.
REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT
By registering for an account, you are agreeing that we may send you educational and promotional emails about our services. You can opt-out of receiving certain messages or notifications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email communications. Please not that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or service-related emails.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Service Provider may provide information regarding usage of our website (such as number of times users view advertisements) to third party advertising partners. The information we share with third party advertisers is not personally identifiable.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
All Personal Information will be disposed of when it is no longer required to be maintained. It will be disposed of in a manner that is secure and which respects your privacy. When we dispose of client information, including Personal Information, our paper files are shredded and information kept electronically is deleted from our computers and computer network. When we dispose of old computer equipment, we ensure that all information, including Personal Information, is “wiped clean” from such equipment before it is disposed of.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Office Number: 1-855-900-6947
We will Endeavour to answer your question or concerns as quickly and completely as possible.
If you have a general inquiry about privacy legislation, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for disputes relating to the privacy legislation.
You can contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner at:
Contact Details :
112 Kent Street, Ottawa,